We Offer lessons in Western Pleasure, Ranch Horse, Hunter Under Saddle, Over Fences, Gaited, Halter, Showmanship, and more.
Beginner through Advance riders of all ages are welcome, whether you aim to show or just ride for pleasure we can help you out.
Private or Group lessons, monthly packages available
Lessons, camps, and clinics year-round,
School horses available or haul in your horse
Private Lesson 1-hour $65
Private Monthly Package (4 lessons) $240
Group Lesson (2-5 riders) 1-hour $45
Group Lesson Monthly Package (4 lessons) $170
Private Dressage Lesson 1-hour $65
Private Dressage Monthly Package (4 lessons) $240
Toms Performance Horses offers a show team to full time clients. We travel to multiple horse shows in the area throughout the year, as well as host horse shows at our farm in Brookneal, VA.
For the safety of our horses and riders, we ask kindly that you adhere to the following rules while at Hat Creek Equestrian:
1. No smoking or pets.
2. Helmet required for riders under 18 years of age and strongly encouraged for adults while mounted.
3. Hard-soled shoes with a heel must be worn when mounted.
4. Young children must be supervised.
5. No running or sudden movements.
6. No shouting or loud noises.
7. Gates must remain closed.
8. Stall doors must remain closed when horses/ponies are inside.
9. Report any unsafe condition immediately.
10. Respect others: clean up after yourself and your horse.
11. Treats may be given to the horse/pony you rode and ONLY from a bucket or pan. DO NOT FEED TREATS BY HAND.
12. NEVER ENTER A FIELD WITH HORSES IN IT, unless you have been properly trained on how to catch or turn out a horse.
13. If you are unsure of what you are doing, ask for help.
14. Never enter a stall without permission.
15. Make sure the horse is aware of your presence before approaching.
16. NEVER STAND BEHIND OR GO UNDER A HORSE.
17. Do not allow friends or siblings to handle horses.
18. Do not mount until an instructor has checked the girth.
19. Always have a halter or bridle on your horse. Hold or tie the horse. Horses may not be loose.
20. Do not mount or ride a horse in the barn.
21. For your safety, no jumping without an instructor.
We offer a scholarship program for families of children that can not afford lessons or camps. See below for our scholarship application. Fill out and return to the following email. Contact us if you would like to donate to our scholarship program.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.